Royal Canin Hepatic Dog 420g x 12
Hepatic is a nutritionally balanced diet formulated to support liver function in dogs with chronic liver conditions.
Recommended for (indications):
- Liver disease
- Chronic hepatitis
- Portosystemic shunt
- Hepatic encephalopathy
- Liver failure
- Copper metabolism disorders
- Piroplasmosis / Babesiosis
Not recommended for (contraindications):
- Pregnancy, lactation, growth
- Pancreatitis or history of pancreatitis
Varies depending on the pathology and on the regenerative ability of the hepatic tissue. Lifetime feeding may be necessary in case of chronic disease. In order to reduce the postprandial hepatic load, it is recommended to feed several small meals up to the recommended daily intake. It is recommended that a veterinarian’s opinion be sought before use or before extending the period of use.
A low level of copper and increased zinc content helps reduce the accumulation of copper in liver cells.
Reduced sodium content helps reduce high blood pressure in the portal vein, which helps prevent the accumulation of fluid in the abdomen.
Nutritional support plays a key role in management of liver failure by:
- Reducing the metabolic workload,
- Limiting calorie intake from protein,
- Providing antioxidants to neutralise damaging free radicals,
- Limiting progression of inflammation and fibrosis,
- Providing essential nutrients for hepatocyte regeneration
|Size||420g x 12|
|Ingredients||Composition: cereals, meat and animal derivatives, derivatives of vegetable origin, oils and fats, minerals, various sugars. Protein sources: Poultry by-products. Highly digestible carbohydrates: rice, maize flour.Analytical constituents: Protein: 6.5% - Fat content: 4.0% - Crude ash: 1.7% - Crude fibres: 1.0% - Moisture: 64.5% - Essential Fatty acids (Linoleic Acid): 1.3% - Sodium: 0.08% - Total copper: 1.7 mg/kg.|