Bravecto 1 Month Chew Small Dog (>4.5kg - 10kg) 100mg Orange
Treatment and prevention of flea infestations for 1 month.
- Rapid onset of action kills newly emerged adult fleas before they lay eggs.
- Reduces incidence of flea allergy dermatitis (FAD) by controlling adult fleas.
- Effective against fipronil-resistant strains of fleas.
Treatment and control of paralysis tick for 1 month
- Provides effective control of pre-existing infestations of paralysis ticks (Ixodes holocyclus) within 24 hours.
- Maintains persistent efficacy against tick re-infestations for 5 weeks (35 days) following administration.
- For paralysis tick control it is recommended that Bravecto 1 Month be used in conjunction with daily searching for, and removal of, any ticks found as the risk of tick paralysis cannot be entirely eliminated.
Treatment and control of brown dog tick for 1 month
Effective treatment and control of demodex mite
- Bravecto 1 Month should be administered monthly until the absence of mites is confirmed by two consecutive monthly skin scrapings.
- Bravecto 1 Month is safe to use in puppies from 8 weeks of age and 2 kg bodyweight.
- Safety not established in breeding, pregnant or lactating dogs.
Bravecto 1 Month is available as a tasty pork flavoured chew in single dose packs. It contains fluralaner, the same active ingredient as Bravecto Chew, however in a lower dose to provide a shorter duration of efficacy.
Administer Bravecto 1 Month at or around the time of feeding.
For dogs weighing more than 40 kg, use a combination of two tablets that most closely matches the body weight.
The content of fluralaner in each size chew is 54.6 g/kg. The dose rate is 10 - 22.5 mg/kg body weight.
|Parasites Controlled||Fleas, Ticks, Mites|
|Dose Form||Tablet / Oral|
|Duration of Effect||1 month|
|Indication||Highly palatable, easy to administer chew for treatment and prevention of flea infestations ( Ctenocephalides felis ), treatment and control of paralysis tick ( Ixodes holocyclus ), treatment and control of brown dog tick ( Rhipicephalus sanguineus ), and treatment and control of demodicosis (demodectic mange) caused by Demodex sp. mite infestations for one month ( should be administered monthly until the absence of mites is confirmed by two consecutive monthly skin scrapings).|
|Contraindications||Do not use in cases of hypersensitivity to the active constituent or to any of the excipients. This product is not recommended for use in breeding, pregnant or lactating dogs, as no supporting evidence has been provided.|
|Actions||Fluralanar is a member of the antiparasitic class of isoxazoline substituted benzamide derivatives. Fluralaner acts antagonistically on the ligand gated chloride channels (γ-aminobutyric acid receptors and glutamate receptors) of arthropods. Bravecto has a rapid onset of action, killing newly emerged adult fleas before they lay eggs, and reduces the incidence of flea allergy dermatitis by controlling adult fleas. Bravecto provides effective control of fleas on dogs within eight hours of administration and effective control of pre-existing infestations of paralysis ticks within 24 hours.|
|Precautions||Bravecto should not be used in puppies less than 8 weeks of age or weighing less than 2 kg.May irritate the eyes and skin. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hands after use.First Aid If poisoning occurs, contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre. Phone Australia 131 126.Disposal Dispose of foil and carton by wrapping with paper and putting in garbage.|
|Dosage and Administration||Bravecto is available in four sizes (for very small dogs 2 to 4.5 kg, small dogs > 4.5 to 10 kg, medium dogs > 10 to 20 kg, and large dogs > 20 to 40 kg) and within each weight range, a whole tablet must be used. For dogs weighing more than 40 kg, use a combination of two tablets that most closely matches the bodyweight. Administer Bravecto at or around the time of feeding. Bravecto is readily consumed by most dogs when given by the owner. Bravecto can be given with food or administered in the same way as other tablets.|
|Storage||Store below 30°C (room temperature).|
|Manufacturer||MSD Animal Health|